The Connecticut Aero Tech School for Aviation Maintenance Technicians, an extension campus of Bristol Technical Education Center and part of the Connecticut Technical Education and Career System, is a Federal Aviation Administration approved school that specializes in the training of Airframe Mechanics and Aircraft Maintenance Technicians. Our school offers a twenty month program of training in General, Airframe and Power Plant curriculum that prepare you to take your examination to become a certified Aircraft Maintenance Technician (AMT).
How to Apply
For enrollment in the March 2024 class:
Application Period: September 2023 – January 2024
Priority Application Deadline: January 15, 2024
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
Financial Aid & Information for Accepted Students:
For the acceptance packet and other student information visit the CTECS adult education webpage and look under Student Forms and Information.
Notice for Veterans:
In accordance with Title 38 US Code 3679 subsection (e), this school adopts the following additional provisions for any students using U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs (VA) Post 9/11 G.I. Bill® (Ch. 33) or Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (Ch. 31) benefits, while payment to the institution is pending from the VA. This school will not:
- Prevent the student’s enrollment;
- Assess a late penalty fee to;
- Require student secure alternative or additional funding;
- Deny their access to any resources (access to classes, libraries, or other institutional facilities) available to other students who have satisfied their tuition and fee bills to the institution.
However, to qualify for this provision, such students may be required to:
- Provide Chapter 33 Certificate of Eligibility (or its equivalent) or for Chapter 31, VA VR&E’s contract with the school on VA Form 28-1905 by the first day of class.